Monday, February 2, 2009

Melville Quilt


I saw a women in Melville selling these quilts and felt compelled to buy one. The only hitch is that I won't be able to convince my husband that we should hang it. I might not even be able to convince myself. So the question is, what to do with it? I am taking suggestions...

The story is as follows (as explained to me). The lady and her husband do their washing. Then they are making peanuts and caring for the babies while the women down below are carrying water back home. The grandmother sweeps and cleans up while the washing dries.

Spot some of the fabric from my store, it is just a different colour.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's an incredible quilt...I love it, Its colorful & the fact that it has a story behind it is very interesting....Simply LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete