Thursday, April 2, 2009

Why I love Etsy so much and want all my friends to have their own shops

Every time I think of Etsy I get this warm and fuzzy feeling. It's like a happy home filled with people who are like me (like to make stuff), probably all female too. So the main attraction is the community, which is evident in the forums (and I do like forums). People here really want your shop to succeed and will offer free critiques (of your store), advice from successful sellers, loads of free tools (more to come in future posts), storque and reams of self help guides to making your shop a success. If you are selling handmade items this is the place to sell - people here appreciate good quality, uniqueness and don't mind to pay the true value (once you factor in a living hourly wage). Now whenever I come across someone making cool stuff I always recommend Etsy.

Here's one more handy source of information:
The Etsy Seller Handbook: All Our How-Tos about Selling

No comments:

Post a Comment